Some images shown with optional accessories, see Technical specs for rig details.
The ultraEvent Bundle for Canon EOS C100, C300 and C500 is a fantastic compact handheld rig, ideal for cramped shooting situations, or when keeping a low profile is important.
The ultraEvent combines the best of Redrock's award winning cinema accessories with the new ultraCage | blue™ for the EOS C Series to make a rig that is nimble, comfortable, and discreet.
Features and Benefits
- Compact design- Adds very little to the C100/C300 size and form factor and still delivers maximum stability.
- Includes the ultraCage | blue - all the advanced features in a form-fitting cage for your EOS C Series Camera
- Monitoring via the built-in camera viewfinder- the ultraEvent positions the C100, C300, C500 camera so the built-in viewfinder is easily viewable and is used as the primary monitor.
- Chest pad support-four-points of support for maximum stability without size.
- Configure and extend to your exact shooting style - every aspect of the rig can be adjusted to your body size, position, and shooting requirements.
- Built-in support for top and bottom rails makes adding a traditional or wireless follow focus quick and easy.
- Convert to other rigs quickly and easily.
- Reconfigure the system quickly and easily without tools for tripod, handheld or anything else you can imagine (some configurations may require additional accessories)
- Powered cage option - attach the optional powerPack directly to the ultraCage for a complete power solution for all your camera-top devices.
Can I add a top handle?
If you would like to place a top handle on your ultraCage, select the Top Handle Option from the configuration. The top handle can be configured both facing forward and backward, allowing for ultimate comfort and balance when holding the rig.
How secure is my camera inside of the ultraCage?
Your Canon C Series Camera is securely latched inside of the ultraCage by four different anchor points. This guarantees your camera will not shift inside of the cage when using even the heaviest of cinema lenses. The points of contact are:
- Top Bracket Threaded into Integrated ¼”-20 of the Camera
- 1/4”-20 Thread on the Bottom of the Camera
- 3/8”-16 Thread on the Bottom of the Camera
- ”Base-hugging” lip of the baseplate to assure the camera sits straight
How do I attach the Canon LCD Monitor and Audio unit?
There are multiple different ways to attach the Canon LCD Monitor and Audio Unit. At the heart of any of the configurations is the Cold Shoe Mounting Spud. Take a look at the ultraCage Configuration Page to get a few ideas of where to start with your own setup.
How do I attach my cage to a tripod?
The ultraCages for Canon C Series cameras have multiple ¼”-20 and 3/8”-16 on the bottom of the unit, ready to accept any standard tripod or bridge-plate system. You can also utilize the ¼”-20 and 3/8”-16 screws on the bottom of the shoulder pad.
Can I access all the buttons and features of the camera while it’s in the cage?
Yes, the ultraCages for C Series cameras do not block any of the ports, buttons, or features of the camera. This includes the Canon Side Grip, which can remain attach to the camera at all times, as well as maintain it’s full range of adjustability.
Do I need top rails?
Top rails are valuable components of any rig. You can attach accessories like a digital motor or monitor and have them travel with you no matter what support you build off of the bottom rails.
What are the key differences between the microFollowFocus and the microFollowFocus | blue?
Both the microFollowFocus and microFollowFocus | blue share the same custom designed gear box which allows for “like new” performance over even the most brutal of abuse. However, the microFollowFocus | blue adds features that seasoned professionals are more accustom to, like a 3D marking disc for easy visibility of marks, a quick release rail mechanism for easy adjustments with new lenses, and an adjustable indicator arm with dual hard stop mechanisms.
Can I use my existing Redrock Micro gear with this configuration?
Yes, the ultraCages for C Series cameras can be used with all of the other Redrock Micro support products like our shoulder mount and matte box. Also, being part of the ultraCage series means it’s compatible with other ultraCage components like the rear chassis.
This section is currently being updated