The Best Professional Support Cage and Rig foundation for video DSLRs.
The Redrock ultraCage Black for DSLR gives you everything you want in a support cage for your video DSLR. With the features professionals want and the exceptional quality everyone demands, there is no better choice than the ultraCage Black for DSLR.
Unmatched Camera Security and Support
The ultraCage Black for DSLRs secures the camera with four individual points of contact. This prevents the camera from moving or shifting in the cage along any axis under even the most rigorous conditions. Like the ultraBase, the ultraCage gives your HDSLR a cinema-style baseplate for adding 15mm iris rods, and is the backbone for attaching accessories such as a matte box and follow focus. The security and support provided by the ultraCage is unmatched by any other cage, and joins the camera and cage together as were one.
The Features You Want on the Camera You Have
The Redrock Micro ultraCage Black Professional Series for DSLR provides filmmakers with features for your DSLR that you’d expect from a high-end camera, including:
- Sleek Form-fitting design that wraps your camera for security and stability
- Top and Bottom Rail Clamps for attaching any accessories or building rigs
- Built-in bottom taps for attaching and mounting directly to your tripod
- 24 threaded cage mounting points to attach and position camera-top accessories and support brackets
- Universal design supports virtually all popular video DSLR cameras from Canon, Nikon, and others
One of the key features of the ultraCage Black for DSLR is the Universal Compatibility. With the unique design and universal shoe clamp, the ultraCage Black for DSLR is the first cage to function like a camera specific cage, but work with the wide range of DSLR camera bodies, saving you money in the long run.
Foundation for building any rig
With integrated top and bottom 15mm rail clamps, the ultraCage is the ideal starting point for building any rig. Whether it’s for the studio, handheld, or shoulder mount work, the ultraCage Black for DSLR does not disappoint. The top rails are ideal for mounting accessories like a monitor, wireless focus motor, and wireless video transmitter; while the bottom rails are a great mounting point for a shoulder mount, chest brace, or hand grips. Surrounding the camera with 24 mounting points, the ultraCage Black is also the ideal solution for mounting cameras to things like steadicams, cars, and cranes.
Best in Class
The perfect balance of cage and baseplate, the ultraCage Black for DSLR does the job of two different tools in one innovative package.
The ultraCage Black for DSLR is the only cage to provide:
- Integrated Top and Bottom Rail Clamps for ultimate expandability.
- Sleek Form fitting design takes up as little space as possible
- Compatibility with the rest of the ultraCage line of products
- 4 points of contact between the camera and cage for security
- wireLock for protecting camera’s HDMI Port
- Lift and Lock Thumbscrews for ultimate adjustment
- Compatibility with over 10 cameras
- 100% Made in America
- Lifetime Warranty Protection
- 1 ultraCage DSLR support cage
- Universal hot shoe stabilizer - locks top of camera to cage (fits most cameras, Canon, Nikon, etc...)
- Locking pins (Nikon and Canon)
1lb 11 oz/ 780g
What DSLRs are compatible with the ultraCage?
Most standard height DSLRs are compatible with the ultraCage, including:
Canon T2i, T3i, 60D, 7D, 5D MKII, 5D MKIII
Nikon D90, D300s, D800
Sony A50 series, A60 series, A70 series
Many Nikon and Canon cameras have an additional anti-rotation locking pin for added support. While not required, it provides an extra level of security.
Does the ultraCage work with taller cameras such as the 1D X or Nikon D4, or ones that have an add-on battery grip?
No – the ultraCage DSLR fits the shorter form factor of standard DSLRs. For taller DSLRs or add-on battery grips, consider the ultraBase DSLR support plate.
Can I use other cameras with the ultraCage DSLR, such as micro four thirds (MFT) cameras?
Yes these cameras are compatible with the ultraCage, but they are smaller, so all features of the ultraCage may not work exactly the same (for example, the bottom battery door is covered on the smaller MFT cameras, and the cage won’t be as form-fitting).
Can I add other ultraCage components, such as the rear cage?
Yes you can add virtually any other ultraCage accessory. For a powered cage, use the powerPack Universal edition.
Do I still have access to the battery door or other ports?
Yes – the ultraCage maintains access to the battery door, memory card door, HDMI output ports, and camera control buttons.
Can I use ultraCage with wireLock HDMI lock?
Yes, cableLock attaches to the ultraCage and delivers a secure connection for your HDMI cable.
This section is currently being updated