The Redrock powerPack™Universal is an incredibly versatile accessory for single-point power management of your camera-top power requirements. The powerPack Universal delivers power regulation, conversion, monitoring, and distribution all in a compact and flexible package.
Three Power Outputs
Power is delivered to the powerPack Universal from an external battery, such as an Anton Bauer or V-mount style battery brick. From there the powerPack Universal provides three power outputs: 2x 12v regulated or unregulated, and 1x variable voltage output from 5-12v. The variable output is typically used to power a camera, but can be used for any accessory with voltage requirements from 5-12v DC. The 12v output ports can also be used as unregulated power sources, should you require this.
A push button next to the powerPack’s LED alternates displaying the input voltage from the connected battery, and the output voltage of the variable voltage output. This gives you easy-to-read and understand details about your power so you know when to swap batteries.
Professional Locking Connectors
All connectors are industry-strength, locking push-pull connectors, so you know and have confidence cables will not accidentally disconnect.
The powerPack™ Universal has a universal mounting back and can be attached to any rig with ¼” 20 connector. A great solution for this is the microMount with microSpud. You will need to add cables to your powerPack for power input and accessory output. Additional cables can be purchased and configured as needed for your other camera-top accessories.
The compact design is housed in a precision-machined aluminum enclosure, so it's there when you need it without getting in the way.
Features and Benefits
- Can use any battery input source, typically a 14.4v battery brick such as anton bauer, IDX, PAG, etc. Input voltage range 12-18v
- Delivers 3 power outputs, including 2 regulated 12v (or unregulated) and one variable voltage output (typically used to power camera)
- Variable voltage output can be used to power camera or additional 12v accessory
- Supports regulated or unregulated power output
- Regulated power output ensures a constant voltage level for sensitive electronics
- Power source voltage monitoring lets you know when your battery is close to exhausted
- Protected variable voltage adjustment eliminates accidental changes
- Cable options can be configured to power virtually any camera-top accessory
- Compact design attaches via ¼” 20 mounting points (microMount is a great companion mounting accessory)
- Easy to read LED screen displays input voltage or variable output voltage for convenient monitoring
- Professional push-pull style locking connectors eliminates accidental cable disconnects
- Precision machined aluminum housing
- 1 powerPack Universal power management accessory
- 1 1" mounting stud
Power: The powerPack Universal accepts from 12.5VDC to 18VDC, and can be operated off a standard D-Tap battery, Auxiliary camera power, or 110/220 AC Adapter.
weight: 3.2 oz / 90g
PLEASE NOTE: Cables for power input and accessory output are required – see optional accessories for selection of specific cables. External power via p-tap power source is also required for proper operation.
Some great accessories for the powerPack Universal include the backPack or microBalance plus plate for mounting your professional battery pack on your rig. You can also pick up some additional pigtail cables and configure them for the other accessories you want to power.
Gimbal user? Use powerPack to power your microRemote, monitor, and wireless video gear all from a single power source.
This section is currently being updated