The backPack accessory for ultraCage™ delivers a convenient and extremely helpful rear plate on which to attach camera-top accessories. The backPack attaches to the ultraCage™ rear chassis to keep accessories clear of camera operation while still providing solid and stable mounting.
The backPack is often used to attach a battery plate/battery combination to power the complete rig (the Redrock powerPack is a great accessory for powering multiple camera-top accessories as well), or used to attach an external recorder in a place that is easily accessible and viewable.
Features and Benefits
- Cheeseplate with 19 1/4" 20 and 13 3/8" 16 mounting holes to attach virtually any camera-top accessory, including batteries, audio recorders, mic receivers, external recorders, etc.
- Mounts directly to the back of the ultraCage™ extended to provide accessory mounting that doesn't get in the way of camera operation.
- Cheeseplate tapped with hole patterns and ready to accept battery plates from anton bauer, sony v-mount, and PAG
backPack can be repositioned along the rails (via the ultraCage rear chassis) for balancing or convenience.
The BackPack Accessory for the ultraCage™ Includes:
- Two Brackets for extra strength and rig clearance
- A Cheeseplate that includes taps for all standard battery plates
Please note: The BackPack Accessory Kit requires the ultraCage&trade: rear chassis to be mounted.
The BackPack is an add-on accessory for the ultraCage™, and requries the ultraCage™ rear chassis to be mounted correctly. This is typically used in a full ultraCage™ setup with front and rear cages. If you are considering a handheld or shouldermount style configuration, consider the microBalance plus, which provides the same cheeseplate and battery mounting hole patterns, but in a plate that is better suited for lightweight handheld use.
If you plan on using the BackPack for mounting a battery battery brick, consider adding the powerPack C100/C300 Kit. This will allow you to power your camera and two additional accessories with your single proffessional battery.
Anton Bauer: Battery mounting holes are compatible with any Anton/Bauer plate using a counter bore hole pattern.The QRDSLR is one example of a compatible plate.
This section is currently being updated